1. The Amandine Silk Print Party Dress available online from Vanessa Knox Maternity (as seen in Cosmopolitan Bride Magazine)
2. Himalaya-Yellow peep toes by Kurt Geiger
3. Diane Von Furstenberg Tonda wonven rafia-effect box clutch from a selection at BagServant.co.uk
4. Mawi large pavé hexagon foil ring available from my-wardrobe
5. On Collins Avenue Nail Lacquer by OPI
This week the weather has been stunning, and as the sun was setting on glorious Kings Road, the equally stunning fashion designer Vanessa Knox suddenly appeared in a blaze of this season’s hot shade, yellow.
Vanessa is my friend, a mentor, and became my style icon when I thought that being pregnant meant dungarees and t-shirts for 9 months.
Instead I turned to the fashion designer behind the VK brand of flattering maternity wear, and a stunning ready-to-wear collection to keep me as chic as possible.
After playing dress-up, I was left looking amazingly glam and ready for London Fashion Week and my friend’s wedding – and for both I was nearly 9 months pregnant.
Vanessa has emerged as the designer-of-the-moment with her collections available exclusively online, and now in store at 9 London Sloane Square, and their 9 London concession in Harrods. The response has been overwhelming, and has not gone unnoticed in the fashion world.
So, as you know, I’m now mummy to the delicious Mini. But I still champion stunning pregnancy fashion so hot, it’s catwalk worthy.
Over Daiquiris and Mojitos, we put the fashion world to rights and I decided then and there that yellow was the colour of the moment. I’ll be wearing the Anoushka strapless silk print dress.
Enjoy the sunshine, and if you are pregnant, don’t be afraid to inject colour into your wardrobe and show off that gorgeous bump.